Thursday, January 03, 2008

"La Caverna" Café

On May 26, 1980, the family went to Nogales, Sonora, Mexico for some shopping and a meal. We ended up at The Cavern, a nice little restaurant cut into the hillside. From the left are Gary (mom's brother), George (my dad), Effie (dad's mother) Mary (my mom) and Mark (me).

Grammy came to Arizona for my high school graduation. Gary was living in Sierra Vista at the time.

My, don't we look different.

Here's a postcard of the restaurant from 1937. Or, if you'd like one in color...

5 comments:

Dan said...

Boy, you learn something new every day, don't you? All this time I thought Grammy was in SV for MY graduation.

Dan said...

Am I the only person that reads your blog who knew you back then (other than relatives, of course)?

Steve said...

Neat pic - and good finds on the old postcards. In my version of the picture, I was in college and reading Lucifer's Hammer, which was in the pic facing the camera.

Doug said...

man that's an old picture... I mean like really really old!

LOVE IT!!

Angie said...

So *that's* why the picture from Nogales was out by the scanner today.

Hmmmmmmmm.