Thursday, May 22, 2008

Proud Parents

Today was Edison's last day of school. He started singing Alice Cooper's School's Out. I asked him if he knew who did that song. He didn't.

It was Awards Day at his school. He did very well this year. He received the following awards.
  • A-B Honor Roll
  • Science
  • Math
  • Social Studies
  • Language Arts
  • Athletics
  • Bible
He also received the Lion Heart award. That is given out every year to a boy and a girl in each grade. The students and the teachers vote on who should be the recipient. It is for Christ-likeness. This is the second time that Edison has been awarded this honor. It brought a small tear to my eyes when his name was called out, but no one saw it because I was taking photos (which will be posted later).

Angie and I are proud of both of our kids. But today is Edison's day to shine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both Edison and his Mom and Dad!! So proud of all of you!!!

Steve said...

If Edison had a blog (well, that's something very interesting to think about right there . . .)

But if Edison had a blog, he'd probably be too shy and unassuming to post his awards. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to the parents, and a big shout out to Edison.

And coming up somewhere in the future, I can imagine him singing I wanna be elected

Angie said...

. .. I can't wait to see the pictures. Since, you know, I was the "absentee Mother."

sigh