Saturday, March 01, 2008

Another film for boys and their dads

Angie went to her overnight crop. Caroline had taken a bath and was in bed. It was just a night for Edison and I. We were planning to watch a DVD together, but hadn't settled on one particular movie. He suggested Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Or Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Both were vetoed. I asked a co-worker to bring in some Bruce Lee films. What could be better for male bonding than Kung Fu? Well, the co-worker forgot. I had just picked up a 20 movie set of Hitchcock Films from Wal-Mart for $5. Surely there had to be something on there. Edison wasn't so sure. I suggested an Indiana Jones film. Not so much. Then, O Brother, Where Art Thou? came to my mind. A quick race through my memories of that film revealed some minor language, some violence but passable and memorable. How else am I going to get him to learn about The Odyssey? That's right, I'm not.

We dimmed the lights, got out blankets and settled in for some Dapper Dan and old timey music. The Coen brothers struck a high note on this one. Different than Fargo or Barton Fink, this is one that I'd watch again. Edison liked it.

IMDB link

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't know if it was the movie or the music, but jeff and i rated that movie as pretty great! :D