Thursday, January 03, 2008

Deer in Cades Cove

Many years ago, my wife and I attended a wedding in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, which is just a few hours past Nashville. The photographer was Lance Krueger. Talking to him at the rehearsal dinner, he showed me his portfolio. Although he was doing a wedding, he preferred to shoot wildlife, specifically white tail deer. He liked to shoot them in Texas, but had traveled all over the US to do it. We invited him to Tennessee to shoot at Cades Cove.

He stayed at our house for about a week, getting up early and spending the whole day to get just the right shot. Here are a few of them.


4 comments:

Steve said...

Didn't know this story. You are a man of mystery.

Doug said...

Great shots!

You get credit?

Angie said...

. . .and there is so much more to the story that you could have told.

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Wow, I was so surprised to see this on your blog, after so many years. I was searching for something on Google under my name, and saw this on your blog. It must have been 1996 or so, when I stayed at your place, and photographed there at Cades Cove. Still to this day, I hold you in high esteem for trusting so wholeheartedly this near-stranger from Texas, into your home. I have gotten quite a few photos from that trip published in the national hunting magazines. I guess the last time we talked was 1999, just before my first daughter was born, and then all my free time went out the window with family life and I lost contact with you. I'd love to catch up with you and Angie. My email is Lance@LanceKrueger.com.
All the best,
Lance Krueger